Where are Judea and Samaria?
Judea and Samaria in modern-day encompass 10 cities to the North, East, and South of Jerusalem, 11 cities if you include East Jerusalem. This land goes all the way up to the Border with Jordan on the eastern border with Israel which is made up of the Jordan River and the Dead Sea.
Are Judea and Samaria controlled by Israel?
Yes and no. There are three types of areas within Judea and Samaria:
Area A: Constitutes 18 percent of Judea and Samaria. The PA (Palestinian Authority) controls most affairs in this area, including internal security.
Area B: Comprises about 21 percent of Judea and Samaria, the PA controls education, health, and the economy.
* In both areas, Israeli authorities have full external security control. This means that the Israeli military retains the right to enter these areas at any time, typically to raid homes or detain individuals under the pretext of security. About 2.8 million non-Israelis live in Areas A and B whose major cities and towns are Hebron, Ramallah, Bethlehem, and Nablus.
Area C: Comprises about 60 percent of Judea and Samaria. It is also the site of the vast majority of the more than 200 Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria, where more than 400,000 Israeli settlers live.
Annexation simply means all of the territory and those living in the annexed area will be under Israeli law and it will officially become a sovereign territory of the Israeli State.
How much of Judea and Samaria will be Annexed?
Roughly 22% of Judea and Samaria will be annexed, almost all of which is part of the Jordan Valley and the Northern half of the Dead Sea that acts as the border with Jordan. This is almost all completely Area C land.
Why does Israel control this land Militarily?
During the 1967 Six-Day War Israel defeated the combined attacking forces of Syria, Jordan, and Egypt doubling their territory in 6 days. Part of that territory is what we know of in the Bible and more normally today as Judea and Samaria. Since then Israel has maintained complete Military control of the area, only now receiving support from the United States to go through with its partial annexation.
* For the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy, Israel will have to have complete sovereignty over the Land Adonai promised Abraham in Genesis 15:18-21, and again in Exodus 23:31. This is not political, it is a promise of Almighty God and He is not one that He would lie. Ezekiel 36 prophecies the restoration of Israel and the Jews to the promised Land as well as the salvation of the Jews. The annexation of Judea and Samaria is one step closer to that prophecy being fulfilled which began 72 years ago when Israel was re-established. Ezekiel 37 then goes on to the end of that restoration with the return of Yeshua. That is how close we are!
* Judea and Samaria make up the gateway of the Gospel of Peace to the nations. Yeshua told His disciples as the last thing before His ascension in Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power and ability when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be My witnesses [to tell people about Me] both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the ends of the earth.” The fact that it is now about to become an official part of Israel once again is a big loud bright sign from heaven that the Gospel of Peace is coming soon back from the ends of the earth, through Judea and Samaria, and finally to Jerusalem.
* Judea and Samaria are the very beginning of the founding of Israel starting with Abram. According to Genesis (12:6–7) Abram “built an altar to the Lord who had appeared to him… and had given that land to his descendants” at Shechem. The Bible states that on this occasion, God confirmed the covenant he had first made with Abraham in Harran, regarding the possession of the land of Canaan. Jacob then bought the same land and dug a well there (Genesis 33:18-20). It is where Israel buried the Bones of Joseph (Joshua 24:32) and where Joseph’s tomb is to this day. It is also the site of Israel’s first Capital City (Joshua 21:20-21), and is situated directly between the mountain of cursing and blessing. In the New Testament, Jacob’s Well in Shechem is the place Yeshua publicly began His ministry (John 4:4-42).
* Other very important Biblical sites within Judea and Samaria are the tombs of Joshua, Samuel, Rachel, as well as the cave of the Patriarchs that is said to house the remains of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and their wives, Sarah, Rebekah, and Leah. As you can see according to the Scripture this is not annexation, but restoration.
The Deal of the Century
What should we as Believers think about the Deal of the Century?
If you have kept up with the very detailed and confusing political process of the Israeli-Arab Peace process over the last 50 years you will have strong opinions about the Deal of the century no matter what your politics may be. There are some things we like and do not like. Some things in the deal are Biblical and others are not. Here is the real point, The so-called Palestinians will never take the deal because they have shown after more than 50 years of failed peace plans that giving them more land does not create peace, and a two-state solution is not realistic to people who refuse anything less than the complete removal of all Israelis from the pre-1948 borders, meaning gone completely from the land.
What the proposition of the Deal of the Century does is give Israel legitimacy over the territory it won during the 1967 6-Day war, specifically the Golan Heights and the Jordan Valley. This allows Israel to move forward with the annexation of the Land with support from a world superpower, the United States. Simply put, it is allowing for the process of the restoration of the land of Israel to take place which Ezekiel 36:24-27 says will also lead to the hardened hearts of the Jews being made flesh as Paul spoke of in Romans 11:25-26 , and being filled with the Holy Spirit. We are speaking not only about the restoration of the promised Land, but also about the salvation of Israel!
To be clear, the Jordanians have always since the 6 Day War been the custodians of the Temple Mount. That has not changed, and according to the Deal of the Century that will not change. There has been a lot of rumor and speculation about who will be the custodian of the Temple Mount if the Deal of the Century goes through. Secret talks and deals have been sai to be going on making people ask, will it be the Turks, the Saudis, will it continue to be Jordan, or is the Vatican somehow going to have control over the Temple Mount? Here is why it doesn’t matter and what we should really be keeping an eye out for.
No matter what, we know that one of the crucial signs of the end times is the building of a literal physical third Temple in Jerusalem according to Daniel 9:27, Mathew 24:15-16, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, and Revelation 11:1-2. The fact that a third Temple will be built is Biblical, but it does not mean we as Believers should sacrifice animals as worship. That should be very obvious as the blood of Yeshua was the last sacrifice once for all (Hebrews 10:1-18). It simply means these things will happen and be a clear sign of the beginning of Tribulation. What’s more, the sure-fire sign the first 3 1/2 years of tribulation has begun is made clear in Revelation 11:3-7 with the appearance of the two witnesses in Jerusalem who prophesy for 3 1/2 years before being killed by the beast who comes up out of the Abyss. The fact of the matter is, it will come to pass that the third temple is built, there will be a renewal of animal sacrifices, and when they stop it will be because the abomination of desolation, the Antichrist, has sat in the Temple proclaiming he is God at the 3 1/2 year mark of the seven-year tribulation of the end times before the return of Yeshua.
Let’s not get caught up in how Biblical prophecy will come to pass, but rather be very aware as to when it comes to pass so as not to be deceived. What is happening in the heavenly places should be what concerns us, because our closeness with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is what will never leave us guessing or uncertain of what he is doing and about to do. The prince of the air, satan is working double-time to make sure we are more glued to the news of the world instead of being focused on the News of the Kingdom. If we don’t see what has been bound and loosed in heaven, then we can’t know what we should bind and loose on earth (Matthew 16:19). The devil loves this and will continue playing his game until the bitter end to lead as many astray as possible. We as believers get to hate the devil, and we have been born again as a new creature of the Holy Spirit in order that we can be in Yeshua and Him in us having overcome sin and death, enabling us to live a life that exposes, steps on, and delivers the world from his plans, schemes, and demonic strongholds to reveal the living God of Israel, Perfect Love. This should be our focus, and as we delve into the Word of YHWH the things that are happening around the world will no longer surprise us or worry us, but simply tell us where we are on the Biblical timeline and give us an understanding of the times and seasons and what to do.
We pray this post gave clarity and insight into many questions that fellow brothers and sisters in Yeshua have asked, and most of all to realize that we are living in the most exciting times in history that is the culmination of Scripture and the soon return of Yeshua the Messiah.
From now until the time of the annexation of Judea and Samaria, which will be possible starting on July 1st, we are being called to join together as the global Body of Yeshua to press in praying for the leaders of Israel and their advisors, for the peace of Jerusalem and Israel as tensions may very well rise in the region, and very importantly for the salvation of Israel in this important apex of time in the Biblical timeline. Adonai bless you and keep you Kingdom Family.